The beautiful and confident Infiniti QX60 is all about style and a minimalistic lifestyle. The Car is a Luxury SUV crossover with amazing features and specs.
This luxury SUV has a horsepower of 295 with an engine of 3.5L unit. The toque generated is 270 l-ft, which is quite high for an average SUV. Apart from that, it can go from 0 to 63 mph in about 7.3 seconds.
The first question you should ask is how long do Infiniti QX60 last? The life expectancy of this car is 250,000 to 300,000 miles. If you are looking for a car to drive for at least 12 years down the lane then you’ll be amazed to know that Infiniti QX60 can live for more than 12 years.
According to the Infinitisua forum, this car is the next big this, with its amazing style and beautiful design, which has been designed according to the Japanese concept of Ma.
Infiniti QX60 is reliable, spacious, and safe to drive. It is not only about the style and features. Rather every part of this car is thoughtfully put, so you don’t have to lift a finger. Read along, and I’ll discuss the car parts in the sections later on.
What Is The Average Life Expectancy Of An Infiniti QX60?
The Infiniti QX60 is no match to any other SUV. Though it is an SUV crossover, this car’s features and amazing longevity just give way to thoughts that it may be more than that.
It is a common assumption that, like other new cars, this SUV will be engineered to have a lifespan of 8-10 years, with an overall life expectancy of 200,000 miles.
While the lifespan of a car is partly due to the maintenance and care, its owner provides it. Infiniti QX60 is not like any other car or luxury SUV. It has more engine power, safety features, and a very smooth drive.
The idea behind the car is to make a more suitable and reliable family car that is better, durable, and offers a sense of protection while driving around with your loved ones.
Does Infiniti QX60 Last Longer Than Other Similar Vehicles?
Over the years, our car industry has focused on SUVs and SUV-like cars for family and luxury purposes. It is not wrong to say that different companies have always competed based on similar cars now and then. But only one other car can reach the top.
For now, it is Infiniti QX60. It has super amazing specs and features and has made a head-on collision with similar SUV crossovers of different companies.
1. Infiniti QX60 Vs. Lexus GX
The 7-seaters Lexus is a luxury SUV crossover that is an amazing car with a comfortable ride and a beautiful exterior. In comparison to Infiniti QX60, Lexus seems to be a step-down.
Apart from the beautiful exterior and amazing tech-savvy features, there might be more to Lexus GX that we might be missing out on.
Let’s find out for sure.
- The comparison should start with the first round of complaints. According to car complaints, Infiniti QX60 has one complaint filed while 16 problems have been reported related to its transmission. On the other hand, Lexus GX has 13 complaints, with 39 problems reported in car complaints.
- These Luxury SUVs are both seven-seaters, but Infiniti QX60 offers a more open passenger space, even in the third row.
- It might be a little too big for some! Making Infiniti QX60 a more comfortable and spacious SUV.
- The Lexus GX is a 4.6L V8, while Infiniti QX60 has a V6 engine that produces a horsepower of 265hp. Making Infiniti QX60 a very powerful car for almost all terrains.
- Comparing both cars in terms of quality and reliability, which is scored efficiently by JDpowers, according to the site Infiniti QX60 scored 82 out of 100, which is a good score, while Lexus GX scored 83 out of 100.
- Coming to the final round of life expectancy, Infiniti QX60 has an average estimated lifespan of 250,000 – 300,000 miles which can easily live up to 15-20 years or more. The life expectancy of Lexus GX is said to be between 200,000 miles and 300,000 miles.
- Infiniti QX60 is all hands-on safety. It has an ABS, blind-spot alarming, front pre-crash seatbelts, high beam assistant, etc. These features are lacking in Lexus GX.
When comparing both cars, it is safe to say that Lexus GX has many amazing features and is lighter and smaller than Infiniti QX60.
But keeping in mind all the safety and passenger features, Infiniti QX60 is the obvious choice. Other than that, Lexus GX has a 6-speed transmission while Infiniti QX60 has a 9-speed transmission.
2. Infiniti QX60 Vs. Audi Q5
If you are looking for a sufficient car for a family of 5 and still have extra space, then Audi Q5 is your best option. It has amazing safety features and a very smooth ride needed for carpools and family driving.
But Infiniti QX60 is a large SUV for a family of 7 and still has more space. Let us see if Audi Q5 offers more than space and a smooth drive.
- According to car Complaints, Infiniti QX60 has one NHTSA complaint filed and had 16 problems detected by owners. On the other hand, Audi Q5 has 158 complaints, and 213 problems reported.
- Both Cars are luxury SUVs, while Infiniti QX60 has a 3.5L V6 engine, which produces 295 horsepower and has unimaginable power during traction. At the same time, Audi Q6 has a 2.0L turbo-inline four engines.
- While the space in both SUVs is sufficient for certain families, The Infiniti QX60 has more space because of its Ma ideology which gives it a larger look and more interior space.
- Comparing the Quality and Reliability of both cars, JDpowres has awarded Infiniti QX60 with 82 out of 100, which is a good score, while Audi Q5 has scored 63 out of 100, which is a good is a fair score.
- The life expectancy of the Infiniti QX60 is estimated between 250,000 to 300,000 miles, while that of the Audi Q5 is estimated to be 150,000 to 200,000 miles.
Having amazing features and being focused on safety, both Audi Q5 and Infiniti QX60 have merits and demerits. Having a longer life expectancy of the Infiniti QX60, over 300,000 miles, is an obvious choice for all car enthusiasts.
3. Infiniti QX60 Vs. Lincoln Aviator
The Lincoln Aviator is an SUV-style car that is an amazing car to own in terms of safety and reliability.
Even though it has a big passenger space for a seven-member-family car, the other hand, Infiniti QX60 is highly fuel-efficient and has a good life expectancy.
Maintaining a Lincoln Aviator may be a little expensive, but there is much more to the car. Compared to Infiniti QX60, the below points will clear out any ambiguity.
- The drive on a Lincoln Aviator is amazing. It is smooth and comfortable, but it is expensive in terms of fuel as its full tank is 20.2 gallons, and for Infiniti QX60, a full gallon is 1.5 gallons.
- Another round of comparison is the car complaints, according to which Infiniti has one NHTSA complaint filed and 16 reported problems. In contrast, Lincoln Aviator has almost 134 complaints on file and 46 reported problems.
- Because of the electrical issues, the Lincoln Aviator is not termed as a good SUV as it should be.
- The quality and reliability of both Lincoln Aviator and Infiniti QX60 are very competitive. According to JDpowers, Lincoln Aviator has 75 out of 100, but Infiniti QX60 leads with 82 out of 100.
- The life expectancy of the Lincoln Aviator is between 200,000 to 250,000 miles, while that of the Infiniti QX60 is 250,000 to 300,000 miles.
Both cars are excellent. While Lincoln Aviator is a choice for a family of 7, it has less space. It is also expensive on fuel and requires more fuel than Infiniti QX60.
We have a clear winner here with amazing features and a life expectancy of 250 0000 to 300,000 Infiniti QX60.
Life Expectancy Of Infiniti QX60 Car Parts
Every part added to the car adds on a feature and extends the life expectancy, even the seats, which are massaging front seats and provide a natural spine curvature of added comfort.
Along with a panoramic roof, it feels like sitting in a theatre and an amazing, powerful 3rd-row technology. These are just a few parts to show off.
This section of the article will deal with the different car parts and how they can increase the life expectancy of Infiniti QX60.
Average Lifespan Of Infiniti QX60 Brake Pads
It depends on the driving habits of the owner and the terrains of the drive. Normally the brake pads last between 30,000 to 70,000 miles. It is better to get the car fully inspected every 5000 miles.
Once the brake pads are worn out, they should be replaced, or the rotor starts to wear out quickly. Most owners have reported driving with the same brake pads for over 30,000 miles, and no problem has occurred.
Average Lifespan Of Infiniti QX60 Battery
The car battery is usually prone to severe temperature shifts and can lose its life with the sudden weather change. Usually, the battery of Infiniti QX60 has a life expectancy of 3- 5 years.
Normally it is advised to keep the car parked in a closed room or indoors, so the temperatures do not affect the battery.
Average Lifespan Of Infiniti QX60 Tires
When it comes to tires, usually, the tires of this car can last over five years and needs to be inspected and replaced after every 12,000 to 15,000 miles. Normally, it should be made a habit of switching tires after 5000 miles to limit wear and tear.
Owners have reported driving with the same tires for over 15000 miles. The owners reported to have driven carefully and avoided rough terrains.
Average Lifespan Of Infiniti QX60 Transmission
The 9-speed automatic transmission offered by the Infiniti QX60 is 250,000 to 300,000 miles. It takes careful driving and regularly cleaning the engine oil and transmission fluid.
A fresh transmission fluid after 20,000 miles maintains the estimated life expectancy.
Average Lifespan Of Infiniti QX60 Spark Plugs
The amazing part about owning an Infiniti QX60 is that there is no frequent wear and tear. Owners have reported that the original spark plugs can go over 30,000 miles.
The average life of the spark plug is 20,000 to 100,000 miles. The spark plugs are essential for ignition providing power to the tires.
Average Lifespan Of Infiniti QX60 Key Fob
Like other modern cars, the Infiniti QX60 is powered by a key fob and power button. Without the key fob, the car will not start or even unlock.
The usual life expectancy of the key fob is 3-5 years, and it is necessary to change the battery every once and a while for proper functioning.
What Is Good Mileage For A Used Infiniti QX60?
Infiniti QX60 is a large car with seven seats. The car is specially designed to be sophisticated and elegant. It has many features that maintain a comfortable drive even on long routes making it highly fuel-efficient.
The car can easily go over 200,000 miles without any serious problem. This means the integrity and quality of parts in this car are resistant to damage and wear and tear.
Furthermore, this means a new car will easily give you a lifespan of 300,000 miles. Any mileage between 200,000 and 300,000 miles should be avoided.
If you are planning to buy a used Infiniti QX60, try not to buy a car that has driven past 150,000 miles on an odometer, which means it will only give you 12 years of service.
A maintained car can be a good option, but a used Infiniti QX60 would only be considered, which has covered around 30,000 – 70,000 miles. If you maintain it, it will give you around 16 – 17 years of a smooth ride.
How To Increase How Long Your Infiniti QX60 Last
This sophisticated car requires a plan of care and maintenance. To want your car to give you the average maximum lifespan, it is up to the owner on how well they maintain it. Infiniti QX60 is a luxury car with large interior and exterior dimensions.
It has many tech-savvy features that require regular checkups and services to ensure it works properly. Every car part has a specific lifespan which needs to be checked and replaced if its time.
Here are a few things that can boost your car’s longevity and life expectancy.
- For maintaining an Infiniti QX60, the owner should have a proper maintenance schedule which will allow them to make proper repairs and maintenance as required.
- Every 5000 miles, the car needs to have its synthetic oil replaced and tire rotation.
- After 10,000 miles, it needs its brake pads and rotors to be inspected, inspection, or refilling of transmission fluid, an inspection of front shaft boots, and a windshield wiper replacement.
- After 20,000 miles, the same routine but additional brake fluid replacement, inspection of the exhaust system, and steering and suspension system.
- After 30,000 miles, the routine mentioned above, plus the engine air filters, needs to be replaced along with the key fob battery.
- On reaching 40,000 miles, the brake belts should be replaced accordingly, and the EVAP vapor line or fuel line should be inspected.
- Get the car rustproofed by a rustproofing specialist.
- Maintain car parts and keep them polished from the exterior. It is better to get it serviced by professionals rather than at home.
- Drive mindfully and carefully to avoid unwanted wear and tear on brake pads and engines.
- Park the car indoors, or in a closed area, so the battery is not influenced by harsh temperatures or shifting weather.
Here are a few common things that Infiniti QX60 owners need to practice to maintain the integrity of their drive and boost their car’s life expectancy.
Problems That Limit The Life Of Your Infiniti QX60
With careless driving and unscheduled maintenance, the car will eventually start making problems that will cost you much.
Normally Infiniti QX60 will show you signs and symptoms of neglect after 150,000 miles, which limits the car’s life expectancy and may cause you more problems shortly.
Some of the neglects that will arise as problems are:
- Burning smell from under the hood.
- Transmission failure and jerks.
- Vibrating on acceleration.
- Whistling sounds from under the hood.
- Key fob battery replacement.
- Delay in shifting.
- Unchanged spark plugs causing ignition problems.
- Unchanged engine oil.
- Unchanged air filters.
From time to time, the car needs to be serviced and maintained. The points mentioned above are just a few things that the owner needs to watch out for.
What To Look For When Buying An Infiniti QX60
When you decide to buy a used Infiniti QX60, a few follow-ups need to be taken to make a proper decision.
- Where is the car being sold, and why.
- Who owned the car, and where did they buy it from.
- How many years have the owners been using the car.
- What is the exact mileage covered by the car.
- What parts have been replaced, and where are the receipts.
- Has the car been in an accident or involved in a crime.
Take all the time you need to make an informed decision, there is no harm in asking these questions as they will only benefit you in making a decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is The Infiniti QX60 A Reliable Car?
Infiniti QX60 is an amazing car with a beautiful exterior. Infiniti is a very reliable car providing safety specs and protection features for drivers and passengers.
It has scored 82 out of 100 in JDpowers, and according to the consumer report, it has been rated as 3.0 out of 5.
Q2. Does Infiniti QX60 Have A Lot Of Problems?
No, Infiniti QX60 is the problem solver in terms of space, comfort, long drive, driving on rough terrains, and much more. The amazing features are the safety features of this car.
The only problem reported is the transmission problem which can leave the engine jerking and produce grinding sounds on acceleration.
Q3. Is It A Good Idea To Buy A Used Infiniti QX60?
Yes, Infiniti QX60 is a good SUV option for a bigger family as the car allows seven seats and plenty of cargo space.
A used Infiniti QX60, which has covered a mileage of 150,000 miles on an odometer, is also a good option if driven by a careful owner. It can live up to 12 years under good service and maintenance.
Q4. Does Infiniti QX60 Rust Easily?
No, Infiniti QX60 has a very brief and strong policy for corrosion. They provide a 7-year warranty for rusting and corrosion.
Although owners have reported that the car has different rusting spots, all of them is the paint corrosion. This means the body of the car does not rust easily.
Q5. Is Infiniti QX60 Expensive To Maintain?
No, it has been calculated that the annual price for Infiniti QX60 maintenance is $613, which is below average compared to other luxury SUVs.
The reason for such less amount is that the car is very sturdy and has a low chance of problems, which is better to maintain.
Infiniti QX60 is an amazing luxury SUV crossover that has adopted the Japanese Ma ideology in its styling and design.
The exterior makes the car look elegant, and the driver feels confident, maximizing the comfort level by spine curvature seats and open passenger space. The car has detailed curvature for better accommodation.
Along with everything, it has been engineered to be entirely tech-savvy and very fuel economical making it the best car available.
With these features, the question has also been answered: How long do Infiniti QX60 last? They last from 250,000 to 300,000 miles if taken care of. The car’s life expectancy is partly dependent on the owner as well.
Hi there! I am Tahir Azam, and this is my blog. WVDOT Automotive is a website dedicated to creating high-quality content for car enthusiasts. I am also an avid car driver. I own and drive a Porsche for my daily tasks. It is the perfect vehicle for my family. I am a proud father of two boys. I spend my mornings and evenings catering to clients at my very own software hub. After getting home, I dedicate a few hours of my time to create an article every day. Well, this is a short introduction about me and I am also a publisher on Amazon. I hope you enjoy reading through my articles, and I also hope that I may have helped you choose an upgrade for your vehicle.